Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Not fair!!

I'm going to have a whinge - I feel like a good old whinge.  Went shopping the other day and being the time of year it was, I had to search for a parking space and ended up best part of 100 yards from the shop door. And my legs were having one of their not so good days, so it was a bit of trial to get there and even more so to get back. And right outside the shop were the usual disabled and mother and child parking spaces. And as I was shuffling along, that got me mad.  Think about it - the majority of disabled badge holders are in wheelchairs, so unless the pushers are themselves disabled, why do they need to be able to park near the door?  And toddlers are usually in pushchairs so the same applies.  I have no problem with giving them extra wide spaces - indeed I think we should all be given extra wide spaces - but why should they get preferential positioning?  What about us "not disabled, but getting on in years and legs don't work so well" types??  End of whinge.

No comments: