Sunday, August 31, 2014

Victoria sponges at ten paces?

I think I've mentioned before in these pages that I like watching "Masterchef" but I've never been tempted to watch The Great British Bake Off - don't know why but the idea of watching people bake cakes has never appealed.  However I was round at my son's last Wednesday evening and they watch it and therefore so did I.  And of course this was the contentious one where one of the contestants threw his teddies out of the pram when his Baked Alaska went wrong, and was eliminated. Bit of a storm in a teacup I thought, but it seems to be one of those things which has taken on a life of its own.  The lady who was peripherally involved has come in for some stick (and has apparently subsequently withdrawn from the show citing an injury) and people have taken to Facebook and Twitter demanding that the eliminated contestant be reinstated.  All this of course ignores the fact that the whole series has been pre-recorded and therefore is not subject to change.  Think some people need to get a life - and I'm round at my son's again on Wednesday - help!!

No comments: