Tuesday, March 04, 2014

What a gay day!

I find it very strange to find myself somewhat in agreement with the Russian president Vladimir Putin, but...  I have absolutely no problem with homosexuality - I have no problem with people who are homosexual, I have no problem with talking about homosexuality, but I am uncomfortable with the idea of promoting homosexuality.  What has brought this up?  The Department of Education has upgraded its advice to schools on the teaching of sex education, and included in this is that pupils should act out scenes involving gay characters.  So this is not teachers responding to questions about homosexuality from pupils, which I would have no problem with - this is homosexuality being forced on pupils as it were, who might otherwise never have thought about it.  And I can't help feeling that that is a step too far.

No comments: