Friday, September 14, 2012

Personal

When I started this blog I seem to remember mentioning several times that I was coming up to 70.  At the time, it seemed a bit of a watershed, as indeed have my previous odd-decade numbered birthdays - thirty and fifty.  Well, time marches on, and I've just turned 75.  So - free TV licence, which is nice.  I have to say that my legs are not what they were, but I can still walk without the need for a stick, and although I'm somewhat overweight and drink far too much, generally I feel OK.  I still miss my darling wife, and always will I suppose, but I've come to terms with the solitary life, and I have family close by so it's not that solitary.  Why am I telling you all this?  Not sure really, but there seems to be so much doom and gloom talked about getting old nowadays, that I thought I ought to make the point that there are those of us who may not see, hear or move as well as we once did, but are still trucking and looking forward to the future - however short or long it may be.  Glass definitely half full.

No comments: