Friday, June 04, 2010

The wanderer returns

Well, I'm back. It wor 'arf 'ot Mum!! Mid afternoon temperatures in the high 30s - low 40s. Bit too hot for me but the sun-worshiping family loved it. Nice villa in Puerto del Carmen with own pool. I've been there before several times, which was a sort of plus and minus. Plus because I was familiar with the place, minus (sort of) because it was full of memories of happier times. But then, really I think for the first time, I was able to look back on those memories with fondness rather than sadness - just one wobble, when I so wanted to turn to my wife and say "Well, would you look at that - our favourite restaurant has turned into a Tex-Mex!". But on the whole it went well, and I shall certainly go abroad with them again - if asked that is!

No comments: