Saturday, June 05, 2010

BHX = Bloody Hell, X-rated!

I've had occasion in the past to comment on the way that - as I see it - Birmingham Airport have little or no time for those unfortunate enough to have to pass through it. It's just over four years now since my last experience and - however bad it was then - I was gob-smacked to see how things have deteriorated. Firstly, you now have to pay to drop people off or pick them up, secondly going through security is now a nightmare - I reckon it must be something like going to visit a prisoner in a category-A jail and just about as much fun. Thirdly, they no longer call the flights - it's now up to you to watch the boards (of which there seem to be much fewer than there used to be) so as to know which gate to go to and when. And then the final insult, you now have to pay to get a luggage trolley. What a pleasure it was to come back through Arrecife, where they still know how to treat you like a human being.

No comments: