Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Gordon Bennett!

Popped to a local supermarket over the weekend, and it was bedlam! Car-park choc full, had to go round three times before I found a space, and the shop was heaving. Presumably panic buying because of the weather, and the forecast that there is more to come. But why? Surely just about everybody these days has a fridge, and most have a freezer, so what's the problem? I could certainly survive for about a fortnight if push came to shove - there would be certain things I would run out of, but I wouldn't starve. And it wasn't just older folk who maybe are hard-wired to think in terms of shortages and such, but plenty of youngsters as well. Just couldn't understand it. I by the way, had just gone to get some yoghurt and kitchen roll - hardly life and death stuff. Wished I hadn't bothered!

No comments: