Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Site of the month

Life must go on, they keep telling me, so......
If you've been following my book posts you will know that my tastes veer towards what might be termed the "trashy" end of the market. My literary phase, such as it was, was several decades ago - today I just want a fast, easy, entertaining read. Unfortunately, book reviews in the papers tend to ignore these sort of books - even when you get a section headed "Thrillers", the books selected for review tend to be somewhat on the literary and heavy side for my tastes. So I was delighted to find - and to recommend for those of you of similar mind - http://www.lovereading.co.uk/ which has no pretentions, and which allows you to choose your genre, and then lists the current most popular books of that type with a short synopsis, and even in many cases, a short extract. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant.

No comments: