Monday, February 06, 2006

Rubbish!

There was a time - not that long ago - when the bin men knew where you kept your bin, would come and find it, take it out and empty it onto the cart, and then bring it back to where they took it from. These days, I have to take my own bin out, make sure the lid is right down, otherwise they won't touch it, and then, after it's been emptied, I have to collect it from wherever they have left it - could be anything up to about twenty yards away - and bring it back. I have a different bin for garden waste which I have to remember to put out on a different day and which they treat in much the same cavalier fashion, and now I'm being put under pressure to sort out newspapers, bottles and tins and put these in yet another container to be collected on yet another day. And meanwhile my Council Tax - including the environmental element - keeps going up by great lumps. So not only am I doing their job for them, I'm paying for the privilege!

No comments: