Thursday, May 18, 2017

Eenie, meenie....

Well, I think we've now had all the major parties' manifestos - so where does that leave me?  When I started this blog, I was knocking 70 - I'm now knocking 80 and, touch wood, still in reasonable control of my faculties, but clearly the possibility of having to be looked after does loom on the horizon.  I have a wonderful family, and I'm sure they will do their best, but should the worst come to the worst which party is offering the most attractive (or perhaps it's more the least unattractive) way forward. To the extent that you can trust anything they're saying, I find myself more and more swaying towards the LibDems.  I still feel I owe them a debt for being the only party to argue against going to war in Iraq all those years ago, and I certainly find their idea of putting 1p on the standard rate of income tax to fund social care the most equitable way of dealing with the problem.  Still undecided though.

No comments: