Monday, March 13, 2017

Sad story

A man on the Isle of Wight was suffering from Motor Neurone Disease. He had tried unsuccessfully to commit suicide twice.  In desperation he asked his son for help. The son left him in his car one night with a bottle of whisky and a bag of pills. When he checked later and found that the pills had been taken, he informed the police. The father was found to be dead, and the son was arrested on suspicion of assisting a suicide. Thankfully the police decided that no further action should be taken. In my view they are to be congratulated on an eminently sensible decision.  I think I have mentioned before that my father-in-law suffered from, and eventually died from that horrible disease.  Given the opportunity. would I have done the same for him?  You bet!!

No comments: