Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Ugh!

What a totally depressing day.  I have scoured the morning press in the hope of finding something to blog about, but the papers are full of nothing but the latest US presidential debate and brexit.  In order then- the Trump-Clinton fight firstly is strictly outside my remit, but as I've mentioned previously, who becomes the next President of the United States does impinge upon us, and indeed on the rest of the world, so I feel I am entitled to some comment.  Well - in a nutshell, the choice is an unattractive one between two people who I wouldn't trust any further than I could throw them.  If pushed for a decision, I would go for Clinton as marginally the less dangerous of the two.  And as for brexit - I'm fed up with people trying to second-guess what will happen.  Everybody's putting their penn'orth in to try and get what they want, and clearly however it turns out, there will be those who won't be happy, so it looks as if Europe will continue to be a festering sore for the disenchanted to pick at, and that the referendum didn't really settle anything.  Like I say, I am totally depressed.

No comments: