Thursday, September 08, 2016

Here we go again!

Certain topics keep cropping up according to the time of year.  It's back-to-school time, so once again we have stories of head teachers acting like Little Hitlers and sending pupils home for breaches of the school uniform code.  There are good reasons for having a uniform code but some head teachers simply see it as yet another excuse to throw their weight around.  Apparently there's a school in Margate where no fewer than 70 pupils have been refused admission in the first two days of term for wearing the wrong sort of shoes or trousers or such.  I've said it before and I'll say ir again - schools are for teaching.  Does the fact that I am wearing trainers in any way affect my ability to learn?  By all means send me home at the end of the day with a note and give my parents a couple of weeks to find me some proper shoes, but otherwise get on with your job!

No comments: