Monday, July 04, 2016

What do I do?

Well - here's a quandary!  Wales are in the semi-finals of Euro 2016.  I've spoken before of the "healthy hatred" that exists between the various parts of the United Kingdom when it comes to sports.  I'm sure I've mentioned that the most popular T-shirt in Scotland is one which says "I support Scotland and any team which England are playing".  It's usually football (soccer) where Scotland are concerned and rugby (union) in the case of Wales, but now we have Wales in the soccer arena.  So I would normally be looking to root for the "other team" against Wales - but it's Portugal for God's sake!  Ronaldo!!  A man whom I deeply despise as the nasty, arrogant narcissistic individual he is.  You see my problem?  I'm thinking of shutting myself away and ignoring the whole thing.

No comments: