Friday, July 08, 2016

Ouch!

Seems the Government are considering a raft of measures to make life easier (and safer) for the older driver.  Mini roundabouts instead of T-junctions, and entry roads onto motorways which become lanes and require no filtering-in have been suggested.  All very laudable and as one of said older drivers, I am fully in favour, but if there's one thing they could do to improve my driving experience, it would be to get rid of these damned speed bumps which do my back no good at all - and I suspect do my car's suspension no good as well.  Round where I live they seem to be breeding, with more and more of them every time I venture out.  Originally, speed bumps were relatively gentle, but these latest one are brutal and no matter how slowly I go, my poor back protests - so if you want to give consideration to the older driver, get rid of them!

No comments: