Friday, April 22, 2016

Fancy that!

One of those "surely everybody knew that?" stories surfaced on the BBC news the other day.  Some research has shown that most bullies were themselves bullied as children or otherwise had an overstrict upbringing.  But I thought this was common knowledge.  If somebody lashes out at you, the temptation is to lash out yourself at someone weaker.  I remember my son, when he had a menial job at a local supermarket, explaining how the shit would cascade down from up on high, until it reached him at the bottom of the chain when, as he put it, "I would go into the storeroom and kick the broom". Certainly when I was at school we had bullies, and in one case for sure it was a boy who we later discovered had a very unhappy home life - didn't make it any easier to deal with at the time, mind you.

No comments: