Saturday, February 27, 2016

Are you a sheep?

Is my MP in favour of staying in the EU or getting out?  I don't know - indeed I'm not even sure who my MP is these days - but more to the point, it's of no consequence. Whether we leave or remain is not a parliamentary matter - it is to be decided by referendum, and MPs will just have a single vote, like the rest of us.  I find the fact that how well-known individuals say they intend to vote is getting big publicity rather worrying, because it suggests that there are a lot of people out there who are not prepared to think for themselves, but will blindly follow what other people are doing - or say they are doing.  I'm listening to the arguments (such as they are) and will make my own mind up and I would hope you will do the same.

No comments: