Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Hedy Lamarr

Came across this name the other day, when searching for something else.  I suppose there's maybe 25-30% of you out there to whom the name means anything. And if you're male and of an age - like me -  chances are that you remember her for a film called "Ecstasy" which if you were very, very quick (and you needed to be) allowed you to catch what was probably your first glimpse of female pubic hair.  But I digress - there was far more to the lady than that. Apart from a serious acting career, she was co-responsible for designing a system which protected Allied torpedoes from being jammed by the Germans in WW II.  She died in 2000 at the age of 85, but I still treasure the memory of her running naked though the woods back when I was a youngster.

No comments: