Thursday, November 05, 2015

Part 3...

Should we bomb Syria - first I said no (1/9/13) then I said yes (9/9/15) and now today...?  It seems unlikely that the matter will be put before the House of Commons in the immediate future, because the government don't want to consider doing that until they are convinced they can win the vote, and currently they are not convinced they can.  But since my last post, there is another aspect to be considered - is there any point any more?  Now that Russia have gone in with their studs showing, can we make any meaningful contribution, or should we just stand back and see what happens?  If Russia can defeat ISIS (big if, I think) should we simply let them get on with it?  I'm beginning to think that is the most advantageous strategy for us at this point in time.  Of course, things could (probably will) change, so there may well be a part 4.

No comments: