Sunday, August 30, 2015

What sort of reader are you?

It's some time since I've given you an update on my Kindle (see 36/9/12).  Well, firstly, it's not a Kindle any more - I've passed that onto my grand-daughter and I now use the Kindle app on my Nexus to read e-books.  Still buy the occasional paperback, but mostly my reading is done on the Nexus.  Interesting (but perhaps not that surprising) fact I came across the other day is that when someone compared the top-selling books as listed by Waterstones (physical books that is) with the top-selling e-books according to Amazon, they found that the anonymity provided by reading on a Kindle or such (nobody can see what you're reading) means that we download the trashy stuff to read that way, whereas the knowledge that with a real book anyone can see the cover and the title means that we tend to go for the more worthy sort of writing when buying a physical book.  Like I say, not that surprising perhaps - bit like putting your bottle of cheap plonk in a Waitrose carrier bag.

No comments: