Sunday, June 21, 2015

The silence is deafening...

The Prime Minister has been criticised for suggesting that Islamic extremism is "quietly condoned" by some British Muslims.  Well I'm sure he's in possession of better information than I, but certainly I find it strange that there are not more Muslim voices raised in anger at what is being done in the name of their religion. And it is down to them - those considering extremism are not going to listen to us.  We're kafirs (I think that's the correct expression) - we are not worthy of being listened to, our views are of no consequence.  The only people they might be prepared to listen to are other Muslims, so it's essential that they speak up, and the fact that they are not doing so does I'm afraid make you wonder if it's because deep down they have some sympathy with the extremist philosophy.  And that, I think is what the PM was getting at.

No comments: