Thursday, March 26, 2015

Oh dear, oh dear!

A small village in Cheshire - who clearly consider themselves somewhat upmarket - was excited when it was announced that they were getting a new superstore.  They were looking forward to a Waitrose or a Marks & Spencer.  So there were cries of dismay when they discovered that what they were actually going to get was a Netto! Ah, diddums den and all that, but...but, but, but - didn't Netto disappear a few years ago - or rather their stores were taken over by Asda?  What's going on? And it seems that they (Netto) have continued to trade in their native Denmark, and are now seeking to make a comeback in the UK in some sort of a tie-up with Sainsburys.  Well, we used to have a Netto (see 26/1/14) and it was well worth the occasional visit, so I for one would welcome them back - particularly if they are going to trade at the same low prices they charged before (I have to say though that the connection with Sainsburys makes me wonder if this will be so).  I've lost my local Lidl so here's hoping they open one close to me.

No comments: