Saturday, January 24, 2015

Page 3

I feel I should say something about the Sun's decision (it would appear) to stop putting photos of topless girls on the inside page of the paper.  But I'm unsure of exactly what I should say.  Oh, sod it, let me put my cards on the table - I don't take the paper, I don't read the paper, but I think it's rather a pity that something which clearly gives some innocent (I would argue) pleasure to a great many people has been withdrawn.  As a man, I'm sure that my opinion will be ignored by many as irrelevant, and so be it, but the argument seems to me to have been very one-sided. Perhaps the question is not so much about whether topless photos are acceptable, but rather more about whether a daily (supposedly) news paper is the appropriate place for them.

P,S. Since writing this, it seems the Sun has had second thoughts on the matter and the nipples are back,  I imagine they are waiting to see what effect bare breasts versus bikinis has on sales before deciding what to do,

No comments: