Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Ha ha

This from my pensioners' magazine -

A young man was doing his shopping in the supermarket when he became aware of an elderly lady staring at him.  When he got to the checkout, he found the lady was immediately in front of him,  "I hope you didn't mind me staring" she said "but you look so like my late son".  "That's OK" he said. And then she said "I know this will sound silly, but it would mean so much to me if you would say 'Goodbye Mum' as I leave the store."  So as she was going out of the door he shouted "Bye Mum" and she smiled and waved back.  Feeling virtuous that he had brought some pleasure into her life, he went to pay for his stuff,  "That'll be £121.85" said the cashier.  "But I've only got five items" said the man.  "I know" said the cashier "but your mother said you were paying for her things too,"!

No comments: