Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Pay me, pay me.

I refer back to my post of 28th May and the idea which found favour with the European Court that those who work on commission should be paid "theoretical" commission when they are on holiday.  I suggested that it was a barmy idea, but it has now turned into a dangerous one.  There are two cases pending before Industrial Tribunals where workers who regularly work overtime, or who get extra pay for working unsocial hours are now claiming that when they are on holiday they should continue to be paid the same as when they are at work - in other words paid for overtime which they don't do or unsocial hours which they don't work - and the tribunals may well feel they are bound by the European Court judgment and find in their favour.  So stupidity breeds stupidity!

No comments: