Saturday, November 29, 2014

Over there...

I don't normally comment on matters outside these islands, but so many people have asked me for my views on the shooting in Ferguson USA, that I've decided to put my thoughts on record.  Obviously I don't live there and so am looking on matters as an outsider, but I don't know which disturbs me the most - that a policeman (and I think it is important to remember that he is in fact a member of the police force - protect and serve and all that) could shoot and kill an unarmed civilian simply because he felt physically threatened by him, or that the American public, through their grand jury system, have effectively said that such behaviour is acceptable.  I repeat, I don't live there and maybe if I did I would see things differently, but I hope I wouldn't.

No comments: