Tuesday, August 19, 2014

I want best value for my pensioner's pound.

I'm a big fan of Amazon - I use them regularly and have never had anything other then prompt service and good value from them.  Apparently they are in serious dispute at the moment with a certain book publisher over the pricing of their books sold through Amazon - electronic versions in particular.  It's all about money of course, albeit that both sides are trying to claim the moral high ground.  Speaking as a consumer, as far as I am concerned a book is simply a product - no different in essence to a tin of baked beans.  I owe the author and publisher of a book no more (or less) consideration than I do to all the various people involved in the production of my beans.  It's the end product that concerns me, and how much I have to pay for it.  So to the extent that Amazon appear to be trying to keep the cost low, whereas the publishers seem to be trying to keep it high, I'm rooting for Amazon!

No comments: