Friday, July 04, 2014

What a bummer!

I have a loyalty card from a certain supermarket - not in fact the one I regularly shop at - and as a result of having that loyalty card I get occasional money off vouchers to use in the supermarket. And, let me be frank, I usually use these vouchers to stock up my booze cupboard - scotch, vodka, gin, rum and the like. But now - and I am told that this is the result of a government diktat - it seems I can no longer use these vouchers for the purchase of spirits, nor do I get points on my loyalty card for the purchase of spirits.  Very sad - but I find it difficult to see the sense in it, because the restriction apparently only applies to spirits and liqueurs - not wine or beer.  And assuming this is part of the government's "drink sensibly" programme, I would have thought that the main problem lay with beer drinkers, to a lesser extent with wine drinkers, and least of all, spirit drinkers.  So like I say, I can't see the logic.

No comments: