Friday, May 17, 2013

I wanna tell you a story...

How do you put your kids to bed?  Just kiss them, say "Goodnight" and switch out the light, or spend some time talking to them or maybe reading them a story? When I was little, I remember my Dad would come up and lie next to me on my bed and we would talk about anything and everything - and quite often he would doze off there on the bed.  But what I remember most vividly is that these were moments I never wanted to end - I have never felt happier.  So I in my turn made sure I did the same for my children - though I have to say, not as often as I should have.  What brought this to mind is a story from the US where someone has come up with the idea of "smart pyjamas" which are printed with clusters of dots which, when scanned by a smart 'phone or tablet trigger the device to play a video and tell a story.  Glad to say this has provoked a backlash from some parents  - and very rightly so in my opinion.

No comments: