Monday, March 25, 2013

Twisted thinking?

The government want to encourage mothers with small children to go back to work. To this end they intend to give such mothers help with paying for child care.  So what if you are a stay at home mum - well you don't get it obviously, because you don't have to pay for child care.  But somehow this is being seen as discrimination against non-working mothers.  This is Alice in Wonderland logic - my neighbour goes out to work and has to pay to have her child looked after while she is at work. I stay at home and look after my child.  My neighbour gets money from the government to help towards the money she has to pay for child care.  I don't have to pay for child care, but it's not fair that she gets money and I don't???  Work that one out if you can.

No comments: