Monday, November 12, 2012

Personal

If you read the same daily paper as me, you may already have seen this.  If not, you may find it interesting, and hopefully for some of you, helpful.  I've spoken before of how powerful poetry can be and even though it is now over six years since my own loss, I found myself nodding in agreement at every line.  It's called Condolances and written by Frances Gibb.

Please do not ask
If I am now recovering
Or if I see the light
At the tunnel's end.
Nor speak about relief - or burdens lifted.
And, worst of all, new starts.
Please, please don't ask
If I am getting through -
Have come to terms
Or find my life
Is back on track.
Of course I live each day to each
And gladly smile
My coping, to "prepare a face
To meet the faces that you meet".
What else is there to do?
In any case, you would not want to know
The daily loss that lasts eternally.
Just, please, don't ask.

No comments: