Tuesday, July 17, 2012

You can squeeze it in there!

A mayor in Germany has caused some controversy by designating the more awkward-to-get-into spaces in a public car park "men only".  The inference of course is that women can't park, or at least, can't park as well as men.  Apparently there is some dubious statistical evidence for this.  Well I'll come clean - I've never been terribly good at parking.  I like it when I can find three empty bays, so I can park in the middle one.  And then of course, Sod's Law says that when I come back, someone will have parked next to me in something big and opaque, so I have to back out of my space blind.  And I never could do that Reginald Molehusband thing. My daughter on the other hand reverses (reverses!) into the tightest spaces with aplomb.  So some people are good at it, and others aren't.  Don't think gender comes into it.

No comments: