Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Here we go again

Speculation in the press and on the telly about what will be in the budget this month.  Many predictions contradict each other, which is a sure sign that these people are just guessing.  Based on a long lifetime of budgets, I would be very surprised if whatever the Chancellor puts forward leaves me significantly better or worse off - I think I've mentioned before that it tends to be "give with one hand, take away with the other". Actually the main plus point for me is that, thanks to inflation running at something like 5% last September, I should get a helpful increase in my pension.  Mind you, I've already received notice that some of my regular monthly payments will be going up significantly - like I say, give with one hand, take away with the other!

No comments: