Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Food, glorious food.

So the Government is to send out leaflets to us all to try and persuade us that we can eat healthily on a budget, and the thrust is that you can cook a healthy meal for four for under a fiver.  There seems to be an unstated assumption here that people want to cook.  I can only speak for myself, but I buy ready meals because they are just that - ready to eat with minimal effort.  As you will know from my occasional posts under the title "The Lazy Cook" I am not averse to cooking, but it's not something I want to do regularly - just now and then when I feel like it.  I imagine there are many more of you who feel the same.  Those who like cooking will doubtless read the leaflet and maybe take inspiration from it - those who don't will simply bin it.  It would perhaps be more sensible to try and persuade the manufacturers of ready meals to offer cheaper and healthier products?

No comments: