Sunday, December 19, 2010

Here we go again.

I really, really do try not to go over old ground, but the news that rent-a-mob are now targeting Topshop to protest about its tax avoidance policies leaves me little choice.  So once again, can I make the point that TAX AVOIDANCE IS LEGAL!!!  An idea seems to have been gaining ground that it may be legal but somehow it is immoral, so I trust all those who subscribe to this view will be closing any ISAs that they have, and be moving the money into ordinary savings accounts, where they will pay tax on the interest.  Yes folks, an ISA is a form of tax avoidance, you naughty people!  And anyway, if Topshop is forced, by whatever means, to pay more tax, who do you think will end up footing the bill?  Topshop - don't make me laugh, they'll simply pass the cost on to the customers - who are probably the very people who are protesting.  Talk about shooting yourself in the foot!

No comments: