Sunday, November 28, 2010

Rattle, rattle.

It's that time of year.  Scarcely a day goes by without a letter from some charity or other.  Like I say, it's the same every year, but year by year it seems to me the tone has changed.  No longer do charities beg for a donation - they don't even ask for a donation - they now demand a donation, and what's more, they want the donation to be on their terms.  They want a direct debit set up for a minimum of £5 a month for instance.  And what about those people who stand at the exit door of supermarkets and stick their collecting tins under your nose daring you to pass them without putting something in.  Don't know about you, but it really annoys me.  I decided some time ago which charities I was going to support, and I do so as and when the mood takes me and finances allow.  All these other charities are good causes, but the choice is mine to make and I will not be bullied.

No comments: