Thursday, July 08, 2010

The Lazy Cook

I retired a couple of years before my wife, so during that time I was i/c looking after the house, and from time to time used to prepare the evening meal which more often than not was my "signature dish" which we used to call "pasta splodge". You won't be surprised to learn that this was simplicity itself, and I still make it from time to time, although these days it makes enough to last at least a couple of days. You need -

A packet of mince - I always use turkey mince, but any sort would do.
Half a tin or so of Easy Onions (see post dated 12/12/07).
Some garlic - fresh, frozen (see post 12/12/07 ) or ready crushed in a jar (see post 23/12/09).
A jar of pasta sauce of your choice - I particularly like arrabiata or putanesca.
Pasta - penne, tubes or twirls all work well.

Put a little oil into a fryingpan or wok.
Add the onions and garlic. Fry for about 5 minutes.
While this is doing, put the pasta on to cook as per the instructions on the packet.
Add the mince to the fryingpan/wok- fry until it has all changed to a greyish colour.
Add the pasta sauce and then the pasta.
Turn the heat down and let simmer for 10 minutes or so - you can't really overcook this.

And there you have it.

No comments: