Sunday, April 04, 2010

Customer satisfaction?

Over 90% of us are happy with our bank account and unlikely to change to another bank it would seem. Can't say I'm surprised - it's not as though any bank is offering anything radically different. I got a bit fed up with the service (or rather - as I saw it - lack of it) which I was getting from my bank a couple of years ago, and spent a week or so going into other banks and talking to them, and it soon became clear that were I to change to another bank I would have exactly the same problems. All banks have quite definitely moved over the last twenty or thirty years or so from seeking to give a personal, individualistic service to their customers to a one-size-fits-all approach which is fine provided the one size does fit you. But if, like me, it doesn't really suit, then I'm afraid their attitude is "tough". So there's really no point in looking elsewhere, because they're all the same. What they do, they do well - they just don't do exactly what I want them to do.

No comments: