Friday, April 16, 2010

Better things to do with my time.

I have long accepted that my views on most things are at variance with those generally held by other people - perhaps that's why I write this blog? Anyway, I seem to be the only person in my neck of the woods who didn't watch last night's debate between the three party leaders. But why would I? I knew what they would be going to say - they've been saying it for weeks now, so what would watching them saying it yet again do for me? I'm afraid it's a further step down this path that I dislike intensely of what I refer to as "personalisation" - where the person becomes more important than the product. I couldn't care less how personable (or not) they are - even less do I care how attractive (or not) their wives are. I think there is a little more to be said for how articulate they are, given that they may well find themselves representing this country on the world stage, but I don't need a set-piece debate to tell me that. It struck me as being no more than a beauty contest, and about as vacuous.

No comments: