Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Look at me...!

I'm not on Facebook and cannot ever see myself wanting to be, but most of my family are, and indeed the grandchildren spend loads of time on there. But I can't see it - would you really get on a bus, sit next to a complete stranger, and start telling them all about yourself, your life, what you did today, and showing them pictures of your friends and family? And yet, as far as I can see this is what Facebook is all about, and somehow the fact that it's done on a computer seems to make it more acceptable than doing it on the bus or wherever. Yes I know that you can restrict who sees what you put on there, but we constantly hear of Facebook sites being hacked into, and certainly the fundamental idea of Facebook seems to be that its members should broadcast themselves to the world at large. I find it a very strange concept.

No comments: