Monday, January 12, 2009

Each to his own.

"There's probably no God. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life." This statement which is appearing on the side of buses has attracted criticism from Christian groups and has resulted in complaints to the Advertising Standards Authority. I'm not sure it should be classed as an advert actually, but - although this may surprise those of you who read this blog - I am in fact opposed to it being displayed in this way. I would have no problem with Christianity, were it not for the fact that its followers see it as their duty to convert me. I am a firm believer that faith and belief, or the absence of them, is purely a personal matter, and nobody else's business. And to that end, I find any attempt like this to convert believers to atheism or agnosticism equally objectionable.

No comments: