Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The big yawn

I do try not to keep banging on about the same old things, but I have to say "thank you" to Kevin Keegan for saying what I've been saying for about the last five years or more - well before this blog started - that the Premiership is boring, at least for those of us who are not supporters of the major teams. Just ask yourself - if you went to your bookie's now, what odds do you think you could get about the Premiership next season not being won by either Manchester United, Arsenal or Chelsea - 1,000 to 1 maybe? And it's not just about having the money to buy the top players - there's only a finite pool of such players, and so by snapping them up you are also denying the other clubs the chance of getting them. We all know that the top clubs have players on their books who rarely if ever get a first team game, who other clubs would give their eye teeth to have. I don't know what the answer is, but I really think we need one.

No comments: