Saturday, March 01, 2008

Our very own Rambo?

I'm at a loss to understand the media's attitude toward Prince Harry being in Afghanistan. Top story on the TV news, most of the dailies have devoted several pages to it - but why? The tabloids seem to be treating him as some sort of John Wayne type hero, taking on the Taliban single-handed - indeed one paper has him killing 30 of them, and it's only when you read the small print as it were that you discover that what he did was to call in a few air-strikes which may have resulted in that many casualties. If I were a serving soldier over there - even more if I were a close relative of someone who's been killed over there, I would be spitting blood at the way everybody else is being treated as a bit player in the Prince Harry Show - and if I read him right, I bet he doesn't like it either. We do seem to lose all sense of proportion at times.

No comments: