Thursday, November 29, 2007

Did I do that?

This business of political donations being made through third parties has turned into a "who knew what when" issue, with many Labour Party workers and indeed Government Ministers under scrutiny. I find it difficult to get too worked up about that, but what does disturb me is the appearance on television of one of these phantom donors the other day, saying that not only was she unaware that money had been donated to the Labour Party in her name, but that she did not, and never had supported Labour, and her political allegiances had always been to one of the other parties. So what I think should be a matter of concern is the idea that, without my knowledge, a significant donation could be made in my name to a cause which I would not wish to support. This aspect seems to be being overlooked in the rush to try and embarrass the Government.

No comments: