Sunday, September 02, 2007

The old 'uns are the best.

Article about people in London renting out their drives for other people to park on, thus avoiding for them the problem of having to find a parking space, vandalism, exhorbitant parking fees etc., reminded me of an old joke about Lord Archer -

Jeffrey Archer goes to see his bank manager, and explains that he needs to borrow £100 for a couple of weeks.
“O.K.” says the manager “but in view of your current difficulties, I’m going to have to charge you 10% interest, and ask for some security”.
“Well” says Archer “I’ve got my Rolls outside. Suppose I leave that with you until I pay the money back. Will that do?”
“Fine” says the manager, and Archer hands over the keys, takes his £100 and leaves.
A fortnight later, he returns, pays the manager £110 and reclaims his car.
“I hope you don’t mind me asking” says the manager “but why on earth should a person with all your money need to borrow £100?”
“Look at it this way” says Archer “I was going out of the country for a couple of weeks. Where else could I have got secure parking for my Rolls for a tenner?”

No comments: