Sunday, July 29, 2007

Are you saved?

Jehovah's Witnesses (at least I think that's what they are) seem to have targeted our estate for some reason or other. Scarcely a week goes by lately without seeing a group of them wandering up and down people's drives and knocking on doors - indeed, as today is Sunday, I wouldn't be surprised to see them again. I ignore them, and indeed there has developed a sort of early warning system amongst some of us, whereby when they are spotted we ring each other up so as not to be caught out. I'm sure they are well-meaning people, but I wonder if they ever stop to think how unwelcome, disruptive and possibly upsetting their visits may be. They seem to be so full of their own importance - or I'm sure they would say, the importance of the message they bring - that they are oblivious to any other considerations. So my message to them would be - don't call us, we'll call you.

No comments: