Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Other side of the coin

Isn't it funny that how you see something depends on where you're looking from (and isn't that the basis of relativity?). The US got really uptight at the thought of the (then) USSR siting missiles in Cuba back in the early 60s, and rightly so. Now Putin is getting equally uptight about the thought of the US siting missiles on his doorstep in Eastern Europe and, in my view, equally rightly so. Of course, the US would argue that the Cuban missiles were intended to be offensive, whereas its own plan is purely defensive, but like I say, it all depends on where you are looking from - remember that old saying: "One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter"?

1 comment:

Iutka Banki said...

Hello! I´m sorry if i boder you, I am fromo Argentinien. I have a blog here but I don´t know how to do it with fotos. The people who get into my blog kan´t see my fotos bigger, they kan´t click on them.
Kann you tell me how to do that?
Thank you very much
Iutka