Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Cheap and cheerful.

It occurred to me, on re-reading Sunday's post, that I had failed to mention Aldi and Lidl. I don't know why, but I don't tend to think of them as supermarkets, although I don't know what else you would call them. Anyway, I regularly patronise both, and they both give amazingly good value for money - no pretensions, no frills, just "pile 'em high and sell 'em cheap", and as far as I am concerned, although for the most part they're brands you've never heard of, I've never come across any rubbish. I've not tried Netto, as there isn't one anywhere nearby, but I have no reason to believe that they are not just as good. If you're on a tight budget and haven't already discovered them, give them a try - I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

No comments: