Saturday, January 13, 2007

Clarification.

I hope my post of last Wednesday did not give the impression that I am anti-gay, or anti anything else for that matter. I assess people individually on the way they behave, irrespective of race, colour, creed or sexual persuasion. What I was trying to get across was that I think everybody should have the right to choose in their dealings with other people, and not be obliged by law to behave in a way they may not wish to. I'm certainly not a supporter of the views of those who are opposing the proposed legislation regarding discrimination against homosexuals, but I do understand their concerns, however misguided I might consider them to be, and I do wonder whether a distinction such as I was putting forward (which I accept is a very fine one) might provide a solution acceptable to both sides. I fear, however, that there are those on both sides who have no interest in any solution which does not signify complete victory for their point of view.

No comments: