Saturday, November 18, 2006

Book post

I'm an avid reader - nothing heavy, thrillers mostly. I thought I might share with you occasionally details of what I read, and what I think of them. I've been keeping records for years now, and developed a somewhat idiosyncratic marking system. Although marks are given out of 10, the way it's developed is that 7 has become the mark for a reasonable read, better than 7 is good, 6 and 5 are dodgy, and less than 5 is a no-no. I have to say that I tend to go for authors I have enjoyed in the past, so most marks tend to be in the 7 or above region. So on that basis, here are my last ten -
Patricia Cornwell - Predator - 6
Alexander McCall Smith - Morality For Beautiful Girls - 8
John Sandford - Naked Prey - 7
Peter James - Dead Simple - 9
John Gardner - Angels Dining At The Ritz - 7
Mary Higgins Clark - A Cry In The Night - 7
C. J. Sansom - Dissolution - 9
Michael Connelly - The Lincoln Lawyer - 8
Alexander McCall Smith - The Kalahari Typing School For Men - 8
Kathy Reichs - Monday Mourning - 9

No comments: